Operations/ IT manager (Full time)
We are seeking an Operations Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will coordinate and oversee the organization’s daily operations.
- Off-the-shelf software installation and configuration for business applications support.
- Database maintenance – Applications and users maintain the database from a database integrity viewpoint: Operations maintains it from an efficiency and processing viewpoint (cleaning up deleted records, reindexing, creating new indexes and views, backing up, etc.)
- Troubleshooting applications.
- Monitoring application performance and issues, and alerting emergency resources when a problem occurs.
- Telecom configurations for communication with business partners, customers, and other entities (ex. FTP, EDI, e-commerce connections for ordering, copying data between servers, etc.)
- Help Desk – Help Desk duties are sometimes split between an IT Applications Help Desk and an IT Operations Help Desk.
Job Set-Up management to insure that all required jobs run according to schedule on all platforms.
- Integrating specialized equipment with particular applications – This may including scanners, industrial printers, display terminals, thin clients, tables, cell phones, etc.
- Infrastructure and equipment networking functions for internal and external IT communications and equipment (Photocopies, supplies, all equipment)
- Telecommunications – Managing and configuring all internal and external communication lines so that customers, employees, vendors, and other interested parties can access applications.
- Port management – Opening and closing ports on the firewall to allow the network to communicate with outside servers.
- Security – Insuring the network is secured only to authorized users and to prevent/counter attacks from outside sources
- Remote access to the network for users – Setting up access from outside the network using techniques such as VPN, two-factor authentication, etc.
- Internal telephone system management – Managing the company phone system
- Monitoring network health and alerting network personnel when an issue occurs with network resources (including storage, services such as email or file servers, application servers, communications, etc.
Server & Device Management
- Server management for applications and infrastructure – Set up configuration, maintenance, upgrades, patching, repair, etc.
- Network and individual storage management to insure that all applications have access to the storage requirements they need for disk, memory, backup, and archiving
- Email and file server configuration and folder setup and authorization – I classify this as a separate area because outside of order taking & fulfillment and customer service, email and file server management are two of the most important IT functions in a company
- PC provisioning – Acquisition, configuration, management, break/fix, applications installation & configuration, upgrades of company approved desktop and laptop devices
- Mobile device and cell phone telecommunications management – Provisioning, assigning, managing, cell phone contracts, and phone numbers. Provisioning for mobile device approved by the organization. Providing for BYOD access to the network.
- Desktop, laptop, and mobile device software application licensing and management
- Set up vision
- RICOH print billing, toner supplies.
- Warranty on all computer repair, upgrade existing rather than purchasing new.
- Inventory of all software running on every computer with serial number and email address.
- Create database of all expiration dates service tags for all software hardware and warranty.
- Re-map network storage drives, come up with better streamlined way-order of information stored on server.
- Clean up all work stations (including wires, battery back-ups, cookies/ cache, hard & soft).
- Make sure all jobs are being tracked and printed in print manager.
- Staff expense report tracking software.
- Bring ideas to save money on everything operations equipment.
- Competitive best prices or price match on all software and hardware and equipment.
- Timekeeping software improvement.
- Tracking of staff who is in/ out.
- Kobi’s calendar.
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
Please submit your resume as well as your salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org